fimmtudagur, 5. desember 2013

Browse » home » » » Building Waterbury: 4 - Sign or No?

Building Waterbury: 4 - Sign or No?

online club

The feedmill building that used to stand across the tracks from the Waterbury, Vt. station was - how to put this - rather plain.
I know there was nothing but a very small "cement" sign on the front of the building by the late 1940s - since a George Corey picture shows it clearly. However the building did have a neat sign on the front back in the 1920s (for a prototype picture see my earlier post).
Actually, there was also a neat "Gold Medal Flour" sign painted on the front of the building as well.
So, the question became, include the sign or not on the model? Even if it was slightly out of era for my layout. 
Virtually every one of the people I asked confirmed my instinct to include the sign - although it will be more faded and weathered than shown here (this is simply a paper print out propped on the front of the building). 


Besides, my modeler's license is fully paid through the next few years�.

But I've already started thinking through the next few building for the Waterbury scene - the Demeritt Cannery. 



Hasil gambar untuk model train for beginner

Engin ummæli:

Skrifa ummæli