fimmtudagur, 27. mars 2014

Browse » home » » Window screen material

Window screen material

online club

Bet a picture of a tea bag was the last thing you expected to see on a railroad blog....
A few days ago my good friend Bill Welch was searching for some HO "window screen" material for a pair of ventilated boxcars he's building.
He mentioned using Clover House window screen (basically a very fine mesh) but was not quite satisfied with it. Then he noticed his Bodum French coffee maker had a press part built into the lid with some beautiful very fine wire mesh. He googled "Bodum Replacement Filter Mesh" and was able to order two replacement filters - enough to complete his cars, some cabooses, and likely a few structures as well.
I read Bill's note over a cup of tea yesterday afternoon. Someone had left a box of "designer" tea in the kitchen at the office and I've been enjoying them on a cold afternoon (which we've had in spades lately).
Anyway, I noticed the tea bag had some of the finest mesh I've ever seen. I'd like to add a screen door to a building I've got planned for Waterbury, so I think I'll use this material. Thanks to Bill's note I had the idea in my head to be on the lookout for HO window screen.
I think this stuff would also work for chain link fence in HO, or even N scale. I tried taking a couple of photos with my phone, but they're not the best.  
Besides, the tea isn't all that great. I still prefer Lipton.


Hasil gambar untuk model train for beginner

Engin ummæli:

Skrifa ummæli