sunnudagur, 8. mars 2015

Browse » home » Prototype Modeling and the blogosphere(??)

Prototype Modeling and the blogosphere(??)

online club I end my clinics with a slide showing the header and URL of my blog with the invitation "For more details see � " Like most clinicians I follow this up with a Q&A session. I've noticed the last few presentations I've gotten questions not about the layout, or the clinic, but about blogging in general. 
My original blog header
This seems like a good subject to cover in my Getting Real column for Model Railroad Hobbyist since blogging has become a small,  but important part of my hobby.  
To add some additional viewpoints to the column besides my own I'm reaching out to some other model railroad bloggers to ask them the following questions (these are some of the questions I've received from attendees at clinics or readers of my blog):

1. What type of blog engine do you use (bloodspot, Wordpress, etc�) and what are any advantages/disadvantages that you've identified? 
2. Why did you start your blog? 
3. How did you choose a theme for your blog? Have you stuck with that theme or has it evolved? 
4. How much time per week (on average) do you spend blogging? 
5. How important are comments/feedback? How do you handle comments? Also, have you ever received negative feedback or had any issues with resulting from the blog? 
7. What's one piece of advice you would give a modeler thinking about starting a blog? 

I'd like your feedback as well, even if you're not a blogger or planning to start a blog. So, for blog readers, I'll add the following questions: 

8. How many model railroad blogs do you follow or read regularly? 
9. Any particular reason you've chosen those? 
10. Do you leave feedback or comments? If so, what was that experience like? 
11. Do you read only the newest post or do you use the blog Search function as a research tool?
12. Do you prefer posts dealing with Prototype information, opinion pieces on the hobby, or modeling how-to? Any I've missed? 

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Marty


Hasil gambar untuk model train for beginner

Engin ummæli:

Skrifa ummæli