þriðjudagur, 19. maí 2015

Browse » home » » » » Southern New England RS-3

Southern New England RS-3

online club


As I mentioned in the previous post, I've been working on three different projects over the last few weeks as time, interest, and available materials dictate. 
One of these is to at long last get some of the "orphan" locomotives (I have engines on the layout painted for everything from Reading to B&O to Erie, to Western Pacific�) into more appropriate colors. 
I apply the same rule to the diesel fleet that I do to the steam locomotive roster. 
Locomotives that match a CV prototype get painted and lettered for their prototype (brass steamers, for example, like the 450 in the blog header art). 
But if it's a Bachmann 2-8-0 fleet engine it will get some minor detail enhancements and get painted and lettered Southern New England. 
That's the case with a quartet of Atlas RS-3s that I'm working on. 
Yes, the CV had RS-3s, but they were Phase 3 RS-3s. The Atlas model isn't. 
At this point the engines have had some "CV family" details added - primarily a new horn and bracket, a steam generator stack, lift rings, and a winterization hatch. 
(Unfortunately I ran out of winterization hatches, so I need to find some more or scratch build the things for two of the engines.) 
My hope is I can get these into the paint booth and onto the rails in time for the next scheduled op session. 

Hasil gambar untuk model train for beginner

Engin ummæli:

Skrifa ummæli