laugardagur, 19. febrúar 2011

Browse » home » » » » Waterbury - Early test fit

Waterbury - Early test fit

online club
One of my main goals in building this layout is to recreate some of the wonderful prototype photographs taken of the CV during the late steam era. Perhaps one of the best known photographers of the era was Philip Hastings. In fact, it was one picture of the Ambassador slowing for a stop in Waterbury that appeared in Bob Jone's book, Central Vermont Railway, A Yankee Tradition Vol. 5, that made me decide to shift my era back to the steam era.

If the scene looks at all familiar, the header image for this blog is a Bob Carey photograph also taken in Waterbury.

I've built - actually the better term is I've started to build - bits and pieces of the elements needed to recreate that photo over the years. And, although I still have a ways to go, the rudimentary mockup here shows that I will, at long last, be able to recreate that scene.

I built the feedmill from styrene, and the station is a product of my good friend Bernie Kempinski's laser engraver. I have a ways to go to get all the necessary elements in place, but I was so excited about the prospect of what is to come that I wanted to share it.

At this point I haven't decided if I will work on this scene, Essex Junction, or "the bridge" first - it will most likely be the latter since, well, it's the closest to being done, but I can't wait to finally get the Waterbury station scene built.


Hasil gambar untuk model train for beginner

Engin ummæli:

Skrifa ummæli