þriðjudagur, 27. desember 2011

Browse » home » » » » Tree-covered hillside

Tree-covered hillside

online club
I suppose it comes as no surprise that many of my November scenery techniques lean on my friend Paul Dolkos� pioneering efforts.  However, since Paul�s former Boston & Maine New Hampshire Division didn�t include any really deep scenes depicting tree-covered mountains, I was on my own when it came to figuring out how to model a leafless tree-covered hillside. Or so I thought. After seeing Ted Pamprin�s C&O layout on our recent foray into New Jersey, I decided plain ole� Supertrees were the way to go to quickly and effectively duplicate the look of barren trees on a hillside.
I created a small hillside starting at the end of the backdrop and running about 3-4 feet.  At a couple of places on the hillside I placed rock castings to create the look of exposed granite outcroppings � a common sight to anyone who has hiked through New England forests.  Although the rock castings looked a little jarring just sitting on the bare hillside, the addition of the bare Supertrees, a few Supertrees flocked with green to resemble distant pines, and some flocked with brown to look like oaks blended the rock outcroppings into the scenery and created a pleasing appearance (at least I think so!).  
Overall, I�m happy with how this scenery is shaping up.  After the roads and buildings are placed I�ll add some foreground trees, built up from Crepe Myrtle tips and other weeds with finer branch material, in front of the hill.  This will further blend the tree-covered hillside into the background.
This is a "background hill" - to give you an idea of how it will look in the finished layout setting, I positioned the Waterbury station and feed mill in place. 

Hasil gambar untuk model train for beginner

Engin ummæli:

Skrifa ummæli