þriðjudagur, 26. nóvember 2013

Browse » home » » » » Building Waterbury 3: Progress on Feed Mill - Haze Gray�..

Building Waterbury 3: Progress on Feed Mill - Haze Gray�..

online club
Tonight I put the finishing touches on the basic walls and roof for the Waterbury feed mill. The model is entirely scratch built from various Evergreen styrene sheets and shapes. The building is going to be a very, very light gray (almost white). I've found that light paints, especially white and yellow can be problematic when applied over raw styrene so I fired up my airbrush and gave the entire building a base coat of US Navy hull gray. 
At this point it looks more like a destroyer than a building - at least the Haze Gray offers a relatively even coat for the finish paint. 
I still need to decide what color to paint the roof. It likely should be very weathered galvenized panels, but I can't find a picture that confirms the color of the roof in 1954. I'm leaning toward very weathered red just to give some pop to the scene. 


Hasil gambar untuk model train for beginner

Engin ummæli:

Skrifa ummæli